Sunday, December 11, 2011

counting down the days until finals are over...

I must power through this week and then family, fun and love will be at the end of the tunnel. I'm in need of some serious holiday raging and I'm also looking forward to the Rag & Bone fashion show this week. So many things to do, can't wait to simply unwind. 





I leave you with a song & a recipe for spiked eggnog to prep you for the holidays!








12 eggs
3 pints heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup bourbon whiskey
1 cup cognac
1/2 tsp salt

Separate the eggs. In an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and lemon colored. Slowly add the bourbon and cognac, while beating at slow speed. Chill several hours. Add the salt to the egg whites and beat until almost stiff, or until the beaten whites form a peak that bends slightly. Whip the cream until stiff. Fold the whipped cream into the yolk mixture, then fold in the beaten egg whites. Chill one hour. When ready to serve, sprinkle the top with freshly grated nutmeg. (link to recipe)



No comments:

Post a Comment